This vibrant pesto is the perfect accompaniment to almost anything on your menu! It’s great on potatoes and corn on the cob, spread on sandwiches, or toss with warm pasta and roasted tomatoes.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, washed and dried, large stems removed (outdoor seasonal vendors)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts (Country Bulk)*
- 2 medium garlic cloves (outdoor produce vendors)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (Mickey McGuire’s Cheese)
- ½ cup olive oil (Olive Divine)
- In a food processor, pulse the pine nuts and garlic together, then add the basil and parmesan and process into a rough paste. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil in a slow stream and process into a paste. If it’s too dry, add a little more olive oil to achieve your desired consistency.
- Season with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
Store pesto in the fridge in a sealed glass container for up to one week.
*Nut allergy? No problem! Substitute pumpkin seeds for the pine nuts. Pumpkin seeds can be found at Stone Crock Bakery and A Food Connection.