This recipe is a hit any night of the week and will delight both young and more seasoned palettes alike!
Chicken Fingers Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into chicken finger size. This doesn’t have to be an exact size, just try to make them all similar size so they cook evenly (Charles Quality Meats)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Fish Crisp coating or Yo Mama cornmeal coating (Caudle’s Catch)
- Oil for frying
Chicken Fingers Directions:
- Pour a small amount of coating into a shallow bowl, about a half cup will do one pound of chicken.
- Beat the egg and milk in separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces first in milk then into the dry coating mix and fry in hot oil in a shallow pan. Flip once or twice only, letting crust form on each side, approximately 8-10 min per side, depending on thickness of chicken.
- Cooked pieces can be kept warm on a tray uncovered in a warm oven if needed.
Potato Patties Ingredients:
- 2 medium size Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- Butter and milk to taste
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Oil for frying
Potato Patties Directions:
- Peel and boil potatoes together in salted water until fork tender. Drain water and mash together adding butter and small amount of milk and ground nutmeg.
- Form scoops of potato (one heaping tablespoon) into patties and lightly roll in flour just to coat.
- Pan fry in hot oil until crispy on each side. Let a nice crust form on each side before flipping.
- 1 bag or clamshell mixed salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green onions
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar(Olive Divine)
- ½ cup good quality olive oil (Olive Divine)
- ½ shallot, finely minced
- Pinch of sugar
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a traditional or immersion blender, mix the vinegar, oil, shallots, sugar, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Toss salad ingredients in large bowl and serve with chicken and potato patties.
Plate the chicken, patties, and salad and enjoy immediately. Siracha sauce mixed with mayonnaise is a great dip for the chicken.