COVID-19 Market Guidelines
Safely shopping at St. Jacobs Farmers Market
While we are very excited to be open, it is important that we stress that your shopping experience at the Market District will differ from past experiences as we have undergone some changes to protect the health of our loyal vendors and amazing customers. With all buildings now open for business, we have outlined below the policies that are in place when visiting the Farmers’ Market.
We have put together this detailed plan for the re-opening with our vendors, customers and staff as our highest priority and in direct consultation with Waterloo Region public health department officials.
The BIG Changes
- All customers are being directed through controlled access points located around the fenced market area. All the buildings and the outdoor area of the Market have customer-controlled entrances, each with its own queuing line, so as to monitor total customer counts within each area. The staff are using a phone app to coordinate the capacity in the fenced area at all access point, outside and to the buildings. Please refer to our building maps to better plan your experience.
- Signage and distancing decals are posted throughout the property and within all the Market buildings to encourage social distancing.
- Food, fast food and retail items are available, as well as Horse Drawn Trolley rides, but pony rides, farmyard animals and the kids’ activities are currently on hold.
- Mask up! Masks are mandatory when entering any of the buildings within the Market District including Market Road Antiques store and the Outlet Mall. Masks are also strongly encouraged for the outdoor area.
- There are directional arrows in the outdoor area of the Farmers’ Market and in all buildings. Please pay attention to the flow of traffic, follow the arrows, and please do not cut across barriers or designated lineups at entrances.
- Contactless payment is strongly encouraged, please note however, that many of our outdoor vendors are not equipped to accept electronic payment, but customers can withdraw cash from the ATMs located on site.
- Hand sanitization stations have been set up throughout the buildings so please wash your hands frequently.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at all indoor vendor booths.
To help with a positive and safe Market experience for all, please do the following:
- If possible, no more than 2 family members should shop at Farmers’ Market. In addition, please do not bring your pets as they are not permitted on site. Only service animals are allowed on site.
- Be purposeful and efficient with your shopping. Have a look at the vendor attendance list online before you come to better plan your visit.
- Please don’t linger and chat with friends. As cases rise again in the Province, we remind customers to limit socializing at the Farmers’ Market.
- Everyone is encouraged to enjoy their food purchases at home – there is no seating available inside any of the buildings. If you do require a place to sit, picnic tables have been set up in the courtyard between the Market building and Peddler’s Village. Only one household per table please.
- Please do not bring reusable bags or containers at this time.
- Best parking access for the Farmers’ Market is from Weber St. The main customer entrance to the Farmers’ Market is located adjacent to the white tent and peddler’s village buildings.
Please do not come to the Market if you:
- Are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has been sick or is currently sick, is being tested, or has been diagnosed with COVID 19.
- Have travelled outside of the country within the last 2 weeks.
Please be patient and respectful of all other customers, vendors, and employees. It may not be the same shopping experience you have had in the past, but we all need make accommodations during this time to ensure the protection of all those visiting the St. Jacobs Market District. Some vendors have been temporarily moved to accommodate a different market layout, please call the market office or email email@example.com for more information before you come to find a favourite vendor.
As always, we appreciate your continued support.
Please feel free to contact our Market office if you have any questions 519-747-1830.