Yellow Bean and Dill Salad is a nice picnic choice and a good side dish that can be served with any grilled BBQ meat. This recipe is gluten and dairy free for those with food restrictions.
Recipe by Jennifer Barnes, Holistic Nutritionist
- 3 cups yellow beans (trimmed, fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Finely chop dill and onion and set aside.
- Mix mustard and honey together in a small container until well blended and set aside.
- Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Add yellow beans, cover and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Remove yellow beans with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Once the beans have cooled, add the onion and the dill. Add the honey mustard dressing and mix well. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
This salad also works well with a combo of yellow and green beans.
Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the honey mustard dressing.
Cut up dill pickles and toss together with the bean salad.
Sweet Pickled Onions
Replace raw onion with chopped up pickle onions for more zest.