This fuss-free dessert is a true crowd pleaser and a cinch to put together, making it the perfect ending to an outdoor feast! This recipe is for one serving, so simply multiply to serve your expected number of guests.
- 1 Ambrosia or Gala apple per person (any sweet, crunchy apple will work great!)
- 1 tsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp butter, plus a bit for buttering your baking dish.
- Pecans, walnuts, or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a baking dish large enough to fit the amount you’re making.
- Cut each apple in half and remove the core and seeds.
- Slice a small amount off each apple on the skin side resting in the pan. This helps the apple sit flat in the pan.
- Add ½ teaspoon of butter to each half of the apple, and sprinkle with maple sugar and other desired toppings.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, but if your apples are super crunchy it may take longer!
- Top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or crème fraiche.